This is to help program Cadillac engine control by GM MDI interface or tech 2 scan tool.
Step-by-step programming instructions:
1. Capture and record Engine Oil Life information. Write down remaining oil life as a percentage.
2. Verify that there is a battery charge of 12 to 15 volts.
The battery must be able to maintain a charge during programming. Only use an approved Midtronics PSC 550 Battery Maintainer (SPS Programming Support Tool EL-49642) or equivalent to maintain proper battery voltage during programming.
3. Reprogram the engine control module (ECM).
Refer to SI and Service Programming System (SPS) documentation for programming instructions, if required.
– 3.1 Connect the GM MDI module or Tech 2 scanner to the vehicle. If using MDI, connect to programming terminal with the cable (USB or LAN).
– 3.2 Select J2534 MDI or J2534 Tech 2 and Reprogram ECU from the Select Diagnostic Tool and Programming Process screen.
– 3.3 Select ECM Engine Control Modul rogramming from the Supported Controllers screen.
– 3.4 Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Clear all DTCs using the Tech 2 or GDS.
5. Use a scan tool to reset the Engine Oil Life Remaining back to the original percentage recorded before completing the programming event.
Note: If a programming failure occurs, refer to Engine Control Module recovery.